Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 2012

Good morning to you all.

I can keep apologizing and promising to do better, but that seems repetitious and meaningless.  So I will move on and do my best.

This fall is looking promising.  I am excited about the momentum we are feeling as things prepare to launch this fall.  Please pray that I am able to present a compelling vision of the future.  Orange Sunday is this weekend and I will layout the strategy for this year.

Specific prayer would be appreciated in several areas...
1. I broke my wrist a few years ago, but just found out a few weeks ago.  I need surgery and will be in a cast for 6 months.  It is my writing hand.
2. I am swamped with marriages falling apart lately.  No Beacon ones PTL, but still significant relationships.  It has been emotionally draining.
3. The trip to Israel is on the books and we will be announcing it soon.  Lots of work to do to prep for that.
4. We need to finish our taxes for 2011.
5.  School has started and we are trying to find our rhythm as a family.
6.  The Beacon just ran out of cash.  Give us wisdom Lord.
7.  We are in the process of electing new elders and a new constitution.  Not easy.

I know this is shorter than usual, but I wanted to post something for you.

Blessings and thank you!
Ric


2 comments:

said...

Dear Pastor Olsen,
I just saw where, I suppose 'twas ye, used the phrase "...there in no God in foxholes."
If you used that catchy line before '97, then... it may well be yours.
However I thought of it waaaay back when (When? '97 then) & am the coiner, as far as I knowDea.

Best Regards,
Tor

Eric Kincaid Olsen II said...

I am not sure I have ever used that phrase, but I do know that it comes from World War 1 & 2.